BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 14, 2009

REAL LOVE


What does real love mean to me? Many people do not actually know the real meaning and value of love. Some of us simply think of it as having an intimate relationship with someone you like, but I believe that that is not the real meaning of love. For me, Love is more likely intertwined with contentment. If you feel that you are in love or you are being loved, you feel contented and you feel happy. Love can also be about a thing that you have treasured for quite a long time or it may even be about your relatives, significant others or about your craft.

Some of my friends often say that they cannot live without love. Of course all of us can’t! But the funny part about it is when I asked what love means to them, they all basically defined it as a feeling shared by two people who are drawn to each other and are sharing happy memories together. Maybe that is one of the reasons why others won’t believe me every time I say that I am already contented being single, in not having a romantic engagement with someone special to me. Even my friends would often tease me about not having a boyfriend for such a long time. They would even ask me if I am not missing the sweet and fun times of being with someone you love. And one of their questions that really struck me most is when they asked me how I survived in that situation. Every time my friends asked me those questions, I just look at them straight in their faces and give them a smile.

But the truth is I am really happy with what I have right now even if I am not romantically involved with someone I believe I can still be happy in many other ways because love is not always about two strangers that are destined to be together though that’s also a part of it. But I believe that there’s more to it that becomes really special. Love in the presence of my family that has always been there to guide, support and love me unconditionally make me feel really blessed and even the company of my friends that during the darkest moments of my life never left me is enough for me to say that love is within me. And one of the lessons I have learned about love is it’s not just about all the happy memories you shared with those that you love but it’s also about the hardships and sacrifices that you have overcome just to be with them.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when I was in grade school, grade 1, if my memory serves me correctly, my grandfather and I go out to grab something to eat. A boy of about 4 or 5 years old and a girl of about 7 or 8, perhaps his older sister approached us and beg for the balut we bought. It was my favorite snack then. You know what, the old man gave his balut to the boy and my grand pa ask me to give my balut to the girl. I do not understand it. It was our food. My grandpa promised me nevertheless to buy balut the next day so I gave my fries too. Then when the two child was about to run away to attack the balut, my grandpa shouted at them, "dahan dahan lang ha at maiinit yan baka mapaso kayo!).

I hope this will help you in understanding what real love is.